Charlotte is North Carolina’s biggest city, so it’s only natural that there are more romantic things to do here than anywhere else in the state. If you’re scratching your head trying to come up with a last-minute dinner reservation or the perfect gift for your significant other, here are a few unique Valentine’s Day date ideas you can try.
- Reserve a table at the iconic Barrington’s Restaurant, then skip over to the Phillips Place 10 movie theater to see what’s playing.
- Create your own Lady and the Tramp moment over pasta at Mama Ricotta’s near Myers Park, then share a tub of popcorn at the movies. (The Manor Theatre is a 5-minute drive from Mama Ricotta’s.)
- Visit The Local on 5th in Uptown Charlotte for dinner. At 7:30, cross the street to catch the opening performance of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.
A Walk in the Park
- Take a picnic lunch to Colonel Francis Beatty Park, then spend a few hours exploring the winding trails.
- Enjoy delicious food in an intimate setting at The Fig Tree near the Elizabeth neighborhood, then take a stroll hand-in-hand through Independence Park.
- Link arms and meander through the heart of Uptown, through the halls of the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, and through The Green. Make sure to take a cute photo by the book sculptures!
Gifts from the Heart
- Treat your special someone to their favorite book from Paper Skyscraper.
- Indulge your sweet tooth at Sunflour Baking Company in Elizabeth and Dilworth. (The Dilworth location is just down the street from Paper Skyscraper.)
- Enjoy the tastes of Paris without leaving home. Try the macaroons, croissants, or turnovers from Amélie’s French Bakery, located in NoDa, Uptown, and Carmel Commons Shopping Center.
There’s plenty to love about this city. If you’re thinking about buying a home in Charlotte, let’s talk! Call us at 704-400-4578 and we’ll take you to see your favorite properties in person.